There are a number of ways we collect your personal information through customer interactions, including:
– Joining our loyalty scheme
– – Ordering a delivery over the phone
– – Ordering or requesting a specific item
– – Make a grooming, swimming or training appointment
– – Booking onto a seminar, workshop or other Unique Pets event
– – Customer contact for any queries
There are also a number of ways we automatically collect information, including:
– – Using our car park, shops, grooming salon, swimming pool or training room which operate CCTV systems for the security of both customers and colleagues, and for the prevention of crime. These systems may record your image during your visit.
– – When you make a purchase in store or over the phone, sign up to our loyalty scheme, book an appointment, or attend an event in store, you will be asked for some essential information including your first name, surname, postal address, email address, telephone, details of your pet and, if applicable, payment information.
– – When you visit our website we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, operating system, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Websites and Apps, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
– – to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or apply our Terms and Conditions, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
Where we share your personal information with third party service providers and partners we apply a policy to ensure your personal information is safe and in order to protect your privacy. Our policy requires:
– We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
– They may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them.
– We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
– If we stop using their services, any of your personal information held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous (subject to applicable law).
Third parties (such as Google, Bing, Yahoo Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Tumblr) may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device to serve advertising through our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these (based on your marketing consent or acceptance of cookies).
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to and/or through our Websites and Emails; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the following data protection rights:
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.